So one day I ran into a friend and we stopped and chatted for awhile. Out of the blue he caught me off guard and looked at me with a puzzled look on his face and blurted out to me, “Rhonda why are you still single?”. Before I could even get a word out of my out, he then proceeded to say…
- You are beautiful
- You love the Lord & and volunteer at Church weekly
- You are highly-educated and intelligent
- You have a great career
- You are a great mother and your daughter is older and in college
- You are financially stable with good credit
- You have your own car
- You have your own home (in the process)
- You have an awesome, friendly personality and always helping others
Talk about a mouth full! I literally almost burst into tears. However, I didn’t because he said that he didn’t say all those things to make me feel bad, but because he genuinely wanted to know how it was even possible that I was still single. I told him when I find out the answer to his question I will let him know, as I tried to change the conversation.
Then he said something that made me think. He said, men by nature are hunters when we see something we want we hunt it down and don’t stop pursuing it until we have it, then when we have it we do what ever it takes to keep it. Selah!!!