Falling down and Failures (i.e. challenges, lessons, mistakes) will happen; it’s inevitable!
The stumbles and falls we suffer in life can be very much like physical ones. Have you ever actually fallen? Aside from the embarrassment, what thoughts ran through your mind?
- Get back up faster than when you went down?
- Take a few moments to regain your senses before standing?
- Hit the ground so hard that you wondered how badly you were injured, but decided to try to stand up anyway?
- Blame someone else for making you fall?
- Discover that someone was offering a hand to help you back up? Did you accept it?
The down moments in life can cause us to react the same way. The question isn’t whether or not we’ll fall down, but whether we’ll be bold enough to get back up again. My ride or die Crucian girlfriend would often tell me, “Rhonda, NOTHING BEATS A FAILURE BUT A TRY!”
Too often, sadly, we fall down and then decide we can’t get back up. Boldness is about having the courage, willingness, and commitment to get back up when you fall down, even if you’re scared or don’t think you can.
You should see your challenges as opportunities, and take your power back from the situations, circumstances and outcomes of your life. So remember,
If When You Fall Down, Get Back Up! Make a commitment to yourself to get back up, dust yourself off, be real about how you feel and what happened and don’t let it stop you from being who you are and going for what you want.
“Dance like nobody’s watching; love like you’ve never been hurt. Sing like nobody’s listening; live like it’s heaven on earth.”