“Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.”
I’ve been going through a roller coaster of emotions lately. Dealing with everything life throws at me and I found myself asking, “What do you do, when you don’t know what to do?”
About (2) weeks ago my Pastor gave me a prophecy and at the time I didn’t understand it simply because I could not apply to my life back then. So instead of dismissing it, I wrote it down and I would read it out loud to myself. God said, “I AM WITH YOU, YOU ARE NEVER ALONE!” He kept saying over and over in my ear until I received it in my heart. God knew that I would face the difficult times I am going through right now and that I would feel abandoned and alone. Looking back I am grateful that God made that deposit in my soul.
This reminds me of one of my favorite scriptures: “Even if my father and mother abandon me, the LORD will hold me close.” -(NLT) Psalm 27:10
I know for some, when times are tough and things aren’t going your way, that’s when you may find it the most difficult to trust God. However, for me it’s the opposite. There is no doubt in my mind that there is no problem I can have that God can’t fix. So instead of stressing or worrying I turn to Him. The Merriam-Webster dictionary defines trust as, “The belief that someone or something is reliable, good, honest, or effective.”
Some things I do to help build my trust in God:
- Surrender myself and all my cares and problems to Him. (Think on how big and mighty my God is, instead of rehearsing the problem(s).
- I expect good things to happen to me. I expect greatness. I expect God’s favor in all areas of my life.
- Meditate (read out loud) of God’s Word (the Bible). Replace my words with His Words (What the Bible say’s about me).
- Worship God with praise and worship music / songs.
- Pray for patience through my tests and trails.