I was in a relationship on and off that lasted for about 8 years. Looking back I can say that there are plenty of reasons I walked away and didn’t take him back. Here are a few:
- The relationship was on-again-off-again. Need I say more? I was no longer a priority, if he saw me great, if not, it didn’t really matter.
- He wanted me so no one else could have me… At least that’s how I felt.
- He would use the spiritual, emotional and physical connection to get me to stay. Basically pulling on my heart strings.
- Making up was becoming the highs of our relationship. After we made up there was no incentive to really make it work.
- It all became a game to him. He knew me so well that he became over confident that I would still be there for him. He even became so confident that he would tell me, I would never find another man that would have the same connection (just keeping it real guys!). I actual believed this for a long time.
- Lack of serious commitment. I had given up on being happy and in love and was just accepting status quo. After being with him so long, I no longer desired to be married.
- He cheated… blah, blah, blah. I know almost everyone can relate to how it feels to be cheated on.
- My family and friends literally started to hate him for the way he treated me.
- He took my kindness and sweetness for weakness.
- I learned my worth and refused to settle being with him. I made a commitment that I would be single and happy rather than be with him. One of the best decisions of my life!
Well there you have it… those are just a few reasons why I didn’t take my ex back. I’m happy to say that I have no bitterness in my heart towards him now and we are now just friends. The lessons I’ve learned from that relationship has made me a better and stronger person today and for that I’m grateful.